You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Scooby Doo Mystery...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2004, 12:26 PM   #1

Default Scooby Doo Mystery...

...on the sega mega drive/genesis is a adventure game does and its not that bad.
Has anyone played it.

Rowie
Old 04-06-2004, 12:46 PM   #2

And does anyone know if the SD PC game are adventure.

Rowie.

P.S. I found a site with the ROM of scooby doo mystery for the genesis/mega drive (game in English text only) PM me if you want it.
Old 04-06-2004, 02:30 PM   #3
A Slice of Fried Gold

Send a message via MSN to SamandMax Send a message via Yahoo to SamandMax

The Genesis game was the best. The SNES version was a little bit of an adventure, although nowhere near as good as the Sega one.

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
They Might Be Giants - Dog Walker
The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 04-07-2004, 09:58 AM   #4

The Scooby Doo PC games that been released the past few years are adventure -lite games. Their angle is their (limited) replayability as the culprit is randomized with each new game that is started. If you can find them cheap they're worth a try.
Old 04-11-2004, 09:45 AM   #5
ACK!

Send a message via MSN to Tanukitsune

I already opened a thread about the Scooby adventures for PC, you can them in two double packs for a very cheap price at Amazon...

But I wouldn't buy the newest PC ones if I were you, ever since the slapped the "Case File Number" to the title they have turned into educational puzzle game with nearly no adventuring element at all, at least the previous ones WERE adventures, even though they weren't challeging at all....

The Sega Scooby game was quite good, but I remember that you had to use passwords, but since you what to use an emulator, I guess you won't have that problem....

There is other Scooby adventures out there:

-Scooby Doo: Classic Crepp Capers for Game Boy Color is a series of mysteries based on episodes from the series and it includes an original mystery as well... Its actually still for sale at THQ...

-Scooby Doo: Msytery Mayhem for PS2, GC and Xbox is well hard to describe...
They cal it a action-adventure a term I hate and I think that it is being abused lately, I liked to say its like Gregory's Horror Show, a "light" survival horror game. a VERY light one indeed...

The plot is the same as the GBA version, but they just changed the gameplay and genre... Unfortunately its still very easy and straightfoward...

-Scooby Doo: The Motion Picture (GBA), is also action/adventure, but I wouldn't touch it with a 4 foot pole...

It's the worst Scooby Doo game ever, PERIOD, at thats comimg from a guy who loves this kind of stuff...

A 5 hour marathon of the Scrappy Doo show would be more enjoyable....

There is also an older PC Scooby game called "Mytery Of the Fun Park Phantom", which I haven't been able to get my hand on yet, but it IS an adventure game...

If you want you can go to the online Scooby games thread and play the online adventures, some are better than the commercial ones...