View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 01:55 PM   #31
Legolas813

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813

Update:

Ok, here is the deal. Gametap recently pulled the Freelance Trailer (though the ad banner is still on there). Usually when a trailer is pulled it means that the game or TV show will be delayed. I contacted a Gametap representative to find out what is going on. Take this information with a grain of salt.

---

CUS "Sorry another question, do you know when Gametap TV will be getting Freelance Police? A trailer was playing yesterday saying September 28, but the trailer seems to have been pulled, so I don't know if the episodes are delayed or not."
CSR "Around November"
CUS "And do you know if this will be the older episodes that aired on Fox in the 90s? Because I know there is also going to be new content for Sam and Max, but didn't know if this was part of that."
CSR "November"
CUS "You said that, I'm asking if the Freelance Police being advertised will be new content, or the older classic Sam and Max TV series."
CSR "New content."
CUS "Oh, ok. I thought it was the older series because from the clips in the trailer I recognized scenes from the old TV show. Oh well."
CSR "It will be old but will have new content added in as they go i believe."
CUS "I see. I guess I will see how they do it in November, if that is indeed when it ends up coming out. Thanks for the info."

---

I guess there is some chance we could see the old series. Also, see this very recent interview:

Quote:
So that's one part of it, and the second part is really how we are able to surround you uniquely with a lot of other content. It's not just similar games from adjacent platforms and creators, but also the video content we're able to do with GameTap TV. We have some exciting stuff that we're doing with Sam & Max for example, with machinima shorts and making-of and things like that. And there will be more to announce on that front with that title and other titles.
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/09/21/jo...id-of-gametap/

---

In other news, it seems Bad Mojo will be coming to Gametap in the future. A trailer is playing saying the game is now available, yet I couldn't find it. So I asked the representative and he said the trailer must be wrong and that Bad Mojo will be coming at a later date. We will see.

Oh and finally, if you are a Gametap member, go into your settings because they have now changed the parental control options. Change your settings for games and TV to Mature (which was previously unavailable). I guess that means that future content could be rated Mature, but you won't be able to see it unless you change this setting in your profile.

Last edited by Legolas813; 09-22-2006 at 02:39 PM.