View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 08:41 AM   #217
jaap
recovering AG addict

Some of my thoughts after finishing this game:

Spoiler:

So I bought the game, and finished it in less than 2 hours. That's too short in my opinion.
Since I know the comic 'Out of boneville' pretty well, I was disappointed that there wasn't really additional material.

The rat-chase is really realy stupid. It's almost identical to the locust chase, but this time it's like controlling Fone Bone through a sattelite on Mars (very slow and awkward).
The barn puzzle could have been better, first of all, the solutions were too simple, but also improbable (as if one little stone would split that log at once).

The only realtively neat puzzle was in my opinion the hide and seek game with Phone bone and the possums. That took me a little while to figure out.

The rat creatures and Ted really sound weird to me, but that's because I imagined another voice when I read the book.
I really missed the encounter form Phone bone with smiley Bone inside the tavern, that could have been nice to include.
The lack of snow was no problem at all.

final grade: B-
I like the adventure genre too much to give low marks, but this game was defenitively too easy (but that's allready indicated on telltale's website), but also way too short.

However, I will defenitively buy the next episode, but I hope they incorporate more clever puzzles, and less identical action sequences.

Jaap

Max: Right! We'll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That's spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...