View Single Post
Old 01-24-2004, 09:52 AM   #19
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

Really? I had almost no qualms about the combat, I actually thought it good that they kept it simple and yet semi-automatic. I was able to strategize on the fly. The trick is use the camera to your advantage and never let the enemies trap you and flank you too closely, and to use the roll-&-tuck maneuvers as much as possible. Timing is everything, it's possible to 'atomize' an enemy with the sands scimitar when other enemies are on top of you. They're slow to attack, so a well timed kill followed immediately by a roll-&-tuck will keep you out of harm's way. Also, if you're low on health, you can holster your sword and run to the nearest water supply (be mindful that enemies can teleport). And remember, you always have your power to rewind time if you're killed.

BTW, has anyone here looked at Farah for a bit too long? Heh, heh:

Farah: "What are you looking at?"

Prince: "...."

Farah: "Stop staring at me!"

Prince: "I wasn't staring at you."

platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien

Last edited by Intrepid Homoludens; 01-24-2004 at 09:58 AM.