View Single Post
Old 10-18-2004, 03:01 PM   #130
mag

Send a message via AIM to mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadworm222
Analyzing everything here, I don't have a clue of what all this was about. Anymore. So mag, could you please explain, in as detailed fashion as possible, what you meant by this: "Geeze, why do you have to be such a homophobe?"

Thank you. And - just in case - if there were any other deliciously obscure fragments of subtle irony, could you expalin those as well?

My conclusion was this:
1) "Geeze, why do you have to be such a homophobe?" is not funny. Obviously. This is its main attribute.
2) So it must mean something else. I interpreted this as a comment to the unfunnyness (what a fantastic word) of my initial "HOMOPHOBE!" post. Therefore I explained why I found it funny, originally.
3) We know that mag supports gay marriage, so him being a homophobe is not likely.
Wow. I think you guys are putting a little too much thought into this. Erwin had said that Jane Jensen has cooties because she is a woman. I responded with "all Tim Schafer fans are gay" in mockery of people who use being gay as an insult. This is because I, as I mentioned before, find stereotypes hilarious. This caused deadworm to call me a homophobe. Because deadworm had called me a homophobe and because I had been calling everybody else gay, it is therefore funny when I say, "why do you have to be such a homophobe," in response to deadworm's "all Jane Jensen fans are gay." It's a reversal, you see--ironic because I had been playing the role of the homophobe before accusing somebody else of being a homophobe. It's called "playing along."

Does it have some deeper hidden meaning other than just to be funny? If it does then I don't know what it is. I don't consider myself a homophobe, but they tell me that people can be homophobic and not realize it. So maybe I am a homophobe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadworm222
Kill the bad guy. Lose the girl. How original.
GK3 spoiler:
Spoiler:
Hey, I don't see Manny digging up Jesus Christ's body.

I love that ending. It's sacrilicious!

mag