You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Adventure on the DS

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2005, 08:54 AM   #21

Well, you can use a laptop with a wi-fi connection. The few times I've used my laptop during the flight (usually too cramped for me to get it out) - I didn't even remember to turn off the wi-fi, but I suppose I should.

I'm not sure if they are talking about wi-fi connections, but if they are, can you switch it off during the flight? Then you could use it, just like any other computer device.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:17 AM   #22
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

This is what reads on Nintendo's website:

Quote:
Can I use the Nintendo DS onboard aircraft, in hospitals, or in airports if it's not in wireless mode?

Operation of the Nintendo DS when it is NOT in wireless mode, may be allowed on aircraft, in hospitals, and in airports just like any other non-wireless device would be. You will know when your DS is in wireless mode when the Power Indicator LED (green or red) rapidly blinks to indicate that wireless communication is in progress. The Power Indicator LED will blink rapidly when you are in Pictochat, playing any game in multiplayer mode, or downloading a game to another unit.

Observe and follow all regulations and rules regarding the use of wireless devices in locations such as hospitals, airports, or onboard aircraft. In order to comply with airline regulations, do not use PictoChat, or play the multiplayer modes of DS games while on board an airplane. Operation in these locations may interfere with or cause malfunctions of equipment, with resulting injuries to persons or damage to property.
I'm going to ask the RyanAir people tomorrow if I can use my DS in the plane, of course I will not use the wifi on the plane, I don't have any use for it in there.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:35 AM   #23

Thanks to this discussion, I went out at lunch time and bought a Nintendo DS. It is charging right now and I can't wait to get home and play Trace Memory!
Old 10-21-2005, 10:56 AM   #24
Ankh Morporkian

Adventure games on the DS discussion becomes topic on the safety of portable gaming device's in RyanAir aeroplanes. LOL. i love it.

anyhoo, Lost In Blue's pretty sweet, but I just got Quake 4 on PC so fock that. Maybe next weeek.
Old 10-22-2005, 12:12 AM   #25

Phoenix Wright. Buy it. Now. It's AMAZING.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:49 AM   #26
fov
Rattenmonster

Thanks for being so conscientious, Kolzig.

My BF works in the airline industry... A few weeks ago when the Jet Blue plane did its emergency landing in LA, we were shocked to see that NBC was bragging about how some of its employees were on the plane communicating with the home office by Blackberry. Not only does that break federal laws, it could have interfered with the instruments and buggered up the already-sensitive landing. Way to be responsible.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:51 AM   #27
Epinionated.

Report back to me, Kolzig! I need to know too.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:13 AM   #28
The Reggienator

Oh yeah, I asked the stewardess if I can use the DS and she said that I can.

So both trips from Tampere to Stansted and from Stansted to Tampere went rather quickly as I just played Rebelstar, Meteos and Another Code all the time.

The only thing that one shouldn't do while in an airplane is use the wifi capabilities.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:21 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayscavenger
Phoenix Wright. Buy it. Now. It's AMAZING.
I'm waiting for my copy to arrive (I imported it from the US; I couldn't wait until next year for the European release). It just reminded me too much of Snatcher (some of basics of the gameplay) to pass up on it. Why don't they release Snatcher (or a sequel to it) on the DS, it would be perfect for it (I actually emailed Konami twice suggesting this... ).

Not really adventure, but is Trauma Center worth picking up (is the story, or character interaction interesting, or is it just round after round of surgery?)?
Old 10-29-2005, 03:45 AM   #30
Ankh Morporkian

i bought Another Code (Trace Memory) um... it's bad... really bad. Ah well.
Old 10-29-2005, 09:27 AM   #31
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by seek83
That's interesting, I've heard nothing but positive feedback about this game. What don't you like about it?
Old 10-29-2005, 10:13 AM   #32
Psychonaut

Quote:
I loved it. I was great.
Old 10-29-2005, 10:58 AM   #33
The Reggienator

Oh man, a big surprise happened today, my friend came to my apartment and told me he had bought himself a DS! My mission is complete, I finally made him buy the console. He had already bought Warioware Twisted, Another Code and Nintendogs that came bundled with the DS.

We had to immediately play some Meteos dl play.

Old 10-30-2005, 06:20 AM   #34
Ankh Morporkian

Another Code...

My comment was a little rash. It's not bad. Just not good. I was expecting a cool adventure, the story sounded OK and a Mature rating was all good - but turns out it's basically a game your 12 y/o sister would like. The puzzles aren't really puzzles and the game's VERY short. With they're price tag of $66 AUS I can't recommend it. With shonky translation to boot.

It IS worth a nights rent tho. If only to prevent you buying the damn thing.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:43 AM   #35

Quote:
and a Mature rating was all good
What does the rating has to do with anything?
Old 10-30-2005, 08:31 AM   #36
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

Quote:
Another Code...

My comment was a little rash. It's not bad. Just not good. I was expecting a cool adventure, the story sounded OK and a Mature rating was all good - but turns out it's basically a game your 12 y/o sister would like. The puzzles aren't really puzzles and the game's VERY short. With they're price tag of $66 AUS I can't recommend it. With shonky translation to boot.

It IS worth a nights rent tho. If only to prevent you buying the damn thing.
I kinda agree with the puzzles, like rubbing a brush on a dirty sign and how she seems so proud of working this out...she actualy seems like shes shocked that it worked.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:03 AM   #37
Ankh Morporkian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funktion
What does the rating has to do with anything?
Ratings got a lot to do with it. A Mature rating would say to me that it's got, perhaps, Mature content. For an adventure game, that's promising. I can't stand cutesy bullshit.