You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Indigo Prophecy ending (possible spoilers)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2005, 03:14 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninth
Yeah, that's probably what let me down the most in the game.

I've been reading quite a few boards... and this scene seems to be a major gripe/letdown/disappointment for a lot of people.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:34 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobee
Remember that Lucas said to himself when entered the amusement park,
Spoiler:
he decided to give up fighting his fate and the only thing to do is to save tiffany, after that he would give himself to an end..?? Then why did he go on finding and saving the Indigo Child and even arranged a meeting with carla??

maybe this explains why the game should have ended after the amusement park??

/delayed second reply... darn phone calls.

That was my take on it too, I almost get the feeling they were going to finish the game there (with the really sad, tragic ending)... and then decided.. hey it'd be cool if we did this! and added that last 25%

For me I think the game ends at the amusement park (a tragic tale but an exceptional game), and what came after was a drug induced hallucination
Old 11-05-2005, 08:58 AM   #83

Someone's take on what the game's title should really have been.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:32 PM   #84

HAHAHA look at the scribbles in the background

"giant goddamn insects"

"neo u r the 1"

"polygon sex"
Old 11-06-2005, 12:46 AM   #85

I wrote this awhile ago, after first beating the game:
Spoiler:
*earlier, Carla and her partner Tyler*
Carla: "This case is strange."
Tyler: "This case is ****ed up"
*Enter Tyler's wife, Sam*
Tyler: "Hey sam, what's happening?"
Sam: "**** your ****ing job. I have a ticket to Buffalo or some ****ing place like that, and the train leaves in an hour. if you dont come with me you dont love me."
Tyler: "Ok. Lets go. Hey Carla?"
Carla: "Yeah?"
Tyler: "I'm pretty retarded so i'm just going to cave into my girls ultimatum and quit my job and sell flowers in ****ing Buffallo. All in the period of 2 minutes i decided this"
Carla: "...ok"
*later on*
Helpful Psychic: "Good job Lucas. You've saved the Jade Child. Now hand her over to me so i can protect her."
[you get a choice to say yes or no] either way:
HP: "Hahahaha i'm not really this psychic that's been helping you through two thirds of the game. IM FROM THE INTERNET!!! IM REALLY A HUMAN SHAPED TRANSLUCENT YELLOW THING THAT WAS BORN IN THE 80's WHEN ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE WAS UNKNOWNINGLY CREATED!! NOW HAND OVER THE CHILD"
Lucas: "...what the ****?"
Carla: "LUCAS!! OVER HERE!!"
*escapes from AI and runs to Carla*
Carla: "QUICK LUCAS! DONT ASK QUESTIONS! JUST FOLLOW THAT HOMELESS MAN INTO THE SEWER"
*they do so*
Homeless man: "Good we're safe. Hello Lucas, i am a homeless person. Me and other homeless people you see on the street aren't really impovershed people who can't get a job at all! We're called....THE INVISIBLES!! Yes lucas, you guessed correctly. Homeless people have been secretly living underground in the sewers waiting for prophecies!"
Lucas: ".......This is a ****ing joke right? ........Listen, I'm going to go back there and get some sleep. And when i wake up you guys better have sobred up!"
Carla: "I'll come with you. Even though i was a cop trying to convict you for murder during the first 2/3rds of the game, currently suspect that you are a member of the walking dead, and i've really only known you on a personal basis for a few hours: i think it would totally be beneficial if we ****ed right now."
Old 11-06-2005, 01:16 AM   #86

lol... omg that is hilarious.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:01 AM   #87
thegumchewingwoman

bwahahahaha..... .etc,etc....

i finished this game a while ago, but only recently remembered that i have an account at this site... so i thought, "what better place to bitch about fahrenheit's retardezoid ending than here!?".

but i'll skip the bitching part, since i think my views pretty much fall inline with everyone elses who thought 'omgwtfbbq' once they'd finished it...

side note: just to throw in my two cents, i think my gag-reflex wouldn't have gone off at the "sex scenes" if they didn't look so spectacularly wrong in realtime 3D (double side note: any seen www.projectoffset.com ?). prerendered? maybe. but there's still a ways to go before we get to that level in realtime...

Old 11-06-2005, 02:34 AM   #88

What I wonder, though... WHO did the motion capturing? ... Better not think about it.

I might actually piss off someone now, but I really couldn't help but laugh about the following quotation:
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Cage
I will continue to put sex in my games, as long as it makes sense in the context.
How continue something one hasn't even begun. (*cough* In my opinion.)

And about the scene in the amusement park:
I don't think it was supposed to end there. Obviously not, since they wouldn't have any story at all then. (Not as if they had a real one after the military base. Which is the end.) It was more this typical movie scene, where something really dramatic happens, and the hero - after everything went bad, of course - gains new strength to STRIKE DOWN THE VILLAIN! Or to wake the player up, after he's dead asleep.

Bu~t, maybe I'm just bitter, because I BELIEVED what I was told - don't know how it happened; probably a moment of weakness. I thought my actions really WOULD affect the story, or should I say, I thought I could really decide what to do. It is either the right or the wrong way, IF I get the choice, anyway. And the wrong way leads to repeating the chapter, in most cases. That's not affecting the story. That's just the possibility to die. Which is often critizied in every other adventure. Not in Indigo Prophecy. In Indigo Prophecy it is the invention of the year. Yeah - it IS probably this bitterness, which teamed up with the bad story (killing the character development in my opinion, especially Tyler's, though I liked the characters in general), no real challenges at least in normal mode (except for The Storm. That was a tricky one.) and the last twenty-five percent.
Old 11-06-2005, 07:00 PM   #89

I just wish I had never played the demo...because that's where David Cage directly told the player that every action had a consequence that would directly affect and change the game. Had it not been for that lengthy bullsh*t speech he made, I may have not been as disappointed with the finished product.
Old 11-06-2005, 07:26 PM   #90

The story, up until the nosedive at the amusement park, was shaping up nicely. As for pretty much everything else, it was a bore. I didn't like the gameplay mechanics (minigames) it's not wasy to follow conversation and actions when you have to watch a little simon says meter. I also didn't like the severe lack of puzzling, and what puzzles you did have were either menial tasks complicated by some meter you had to watch, or just pedestrian hotspot searches.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:35 AM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by entranced
I just wish I had never played the demo...because that's where David Cage directly told the player that every action had a consequence that would directly affect and change the game. Had it not been for that lengthy bullsh*t speech he made, I may have not been as disappointed with the finished product.
Maybe they created the demo before they were forced to complete the game development.

The game really feels like they were forced to finish it by a deadline. (well the last 25% that is)
Old 11-10-2005, 07:12 PM   #92

Has anyone noticed this game's story/plot is very very similar to Dark City!?!?!?!?! If not, watch the movie! It is awesome and I guarentee even a blind person can see the similarities. For awhile Indigo Prophecy follows the Dark City plot quite consistently....even at the end of IP when Lucas uses his telepathy to counterattack and destroy the A.I., something like this was done in Dark City. As is also obvious, IP also has a lot in common with The Matrix, especially the fight scenes. "The One" thing is also very similar. This was also in Dark City as well, and I guarentee you the creater of IP was inspired by Dark City.

Also, where can I find some interviews where the director says how the game was rushed or any other details? Thanks.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:26 PM   #93
fov
Rattenmonster

Hmm... I've seen Dark City, but I honestly don't remember it being anything like Indigo Prophecy.

Spoiler:
Isn't that the movie where the people are living in a fake, 1920s-like reality that's being controlled by some evil outside force? And the main girl character has a really dark unibrow?

For lots of chatter from David Cage about the making of the game, check out the threads in our archived developer's chat. He does talk about the ending of the game, and denies that its production was rushed. He said that he had this ending in mind all along, but admits that he spent more time working on the story at the beginning than the end.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!
Old 11-10-2005, 07:37 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
Hmm... I've seen Dark City, but I honestly don't remember it being anything like Indigo Prophecy.

Spoiler:
Isn't that the movie where the people are living in a fake, 1920s-like reality that's being controlled by some evil outside force? And the main girl character has a really dark unibrow?

For lots of chatter from David Cage about the making of the game, check out the threads in our archived developer's chat. He does talk about the ending of the game, and denies that its production was rushed. He said that he had this ending in mind all along, but admits that he spent more time working on the story at the beginning than the end.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

You've gotta be kidding me.

Dark City: Guy wakes up in bathtub, is accused of a murder he didn't commit. Is on the run from the police and on the path of self discovery. Ring any bells?

The Oracle is dressed in a cape just like the black cape Strangers wear. In IP, we have the "Chroma." In DC, I think it is called "tuning" ?

Dark City we see scenes of the Strangers conversing with their leaders about how "this man must be stopped!" Just like the scene with The Oracle in reference to Lucas.

I don't even need to point anything else out. The whole theme is extremely similar to DC. You would have to be an idiot to not see more than one similarity. I'd put money on it that the dir. was influenced by Dark City, even if he doesn't admit it or even if it was just subconsciously (he forgot where he might have seen the similar plot). Now keep in mind it isn't EXACTLY alike. The dir. weaves his own tale, however there are far too many similarities to rule it out as coincidence, lolo,

And by the way, of course he had the ending in mind all along. It is almost EXACTLY how Dark City ended. Go see for yourself!!
Old 11-10-2005, 08:18 PM   #95
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anomaly
You would have to be an idiot to not see more than one similarity.
Um, okay.

Well, welcome to the forum anyway.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:58 PM   #96
Elegantly copy+pasted

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
And the main girl character has a really dark unibrow?
fov

Thou shalt not say anything that could possibly be taken as an insult to Jennifer Connelly.

Unless you're talking about Melissa George. In which case: Yeah, you could say that.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:05 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarky
fov

Thou shalt not say anything that could possibly be taken as an insult to Jennifer Connelly.

Unless you're talking about Melissa George. In which case: Yeah, you could say that.

I think Carla is the hottest video game character ever. I don't usually like video game char. women and think they are sexy but Carla Valenti DAAAAAMMMNNN I'd love to hit that!

Anyway, two questions. What were the crows for? I know they had somethin' to do with Agatha but what?

Kinda like how the bums you always see around the scene was part of that secret underground resistance watcher type movement. Cool.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:06 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
Um, okay.

Well, welcome to the forum anyway.

Thanks!!!!!!
Old 11-10-2005, 11:13 PM   #99

Quote:
What were the crows for?
Spoiler:
They were the eyes of the AI from what I can tell.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:24 AM   #100
Thats the ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarky
fov

This Melissa George?

All Aussie Home & Away fans unite!